[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59195: deprecation notice triggered in post.php by passing null to parameter #2 in preg_match()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 24 15:49:19 UTC 2024

#59195: deprecation notice triggered in post.php by passing null to parameter #2 in
preg_match()
 Reporter:  nosilver4u                           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new
  tests needs-patch                              |  compatibility
Changes (by antpb):

 * keywords:  has-patch needs-testing php81 changes-requested => php81
     changes-requested needs-unit-tests needs-patch

Comment:

 Thanks for the report! This ticket was discussed in the recent Media
 component meeting and we think there are two options to be explored:

 1) We omit null values from `get_available_post_mime_types()`
 2) It is typically recommended to use a blank string instead of null in
 these cases so maybe we can just set the value of a no-mime to `''` which
 should act the same as null previously

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59195#comment:11>