[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #61065: Ensure URLs are not translated to maintain security and accuracy in localization

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Apr 24 09:58:12 UTC 2024

#61065: Ensure URLs are not translated to maintain security and accuracy in
localization
-----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  akshay.shah5189  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement      |      Status:  closed

Comment (by akshay.shah5189):

 Hey @swissspidy

 Thank you for the detailed explanation and warm welcome to WordPress Trac!

 I appreciate the insights on localizing URLs to ensure users are directed
 to the appropriate localized pages. It makes sense that each locale might
 have specific versions of a page, and maintaining these distinctions in
 translations is crucial.

 I understand that the performance impact of translating a few URLs is
 minimal. I appreciate you clarifying this point.

 I’m looking forward to learning more and contributing further to the
 WordPress community. Thank you for taking the time to address my concerns.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/61065#comment:2>