[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #23013: Gallery images don't display when original post associated with image is trashed

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 21 14:31:26 UTC 2024

#23013: Gallery images don't display when original post associated with image is
trashed
--------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  nmoinvaz      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by cupofdex):

 Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for providing such clear
 details on the issue you've encountered. We understand that when an image
 used in multiple galleries across different posts is deleted along with
 its original post, it leads to the full-sized image no longer displaying
 in the galleries of other posts.

 We appreciate your thorough investigation, including identifying the
 specific line in query.php where the issue arises.

 To address this, we could consider implementing a mechanism to ensure that
 images used in multiple galleries remain accessible even if the original
 post is deleted. Additionally, we can review and adjust the logic in
 query.php to handle cases where the attachment's post_parent has been
 trashed.

 We're open to further collaboration on this matter. If you have any
 additional insights or suggestions for resolution, please feel free to
 share them. Rest assured, we are committed to resolving this issue and
 will provide updates on our progress.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/23013#comment:4>