[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60808: Twenty Twenty-Four: Black outline around the Navigation block submenu-expanding button

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 16 20:45:35 UTC 2024

#60808: Twenty Twenty-Four: Black outline around the Navigation block submenu-
expanding button
 Reporter:  jordesign                            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by alh0319):

 I don't think we should change to :focus-visible from :focus. I think
 @wildworks is right when saying that:
 >However, I think it's basically a good thing that the focus is displayed
 even when using the mouse

 There may be cases where people are mouse users but have limited mobility
 or on a mobile phone, where having the focus indicator helps them to know
 that they are clicking on the correct element, particularly if tap targets
 are close together. (Parkinsons, for example.)

 Let me alert the broader accessibility team to this ticket and see if we
 can get several opinions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60808#comment:18>