[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58107: Twenty Twenty-Two: Pullquote block Letter case is not working in citation text (was: Twenty Twenty-Two :- PullQuote block Letter case is not working in citation text)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 16 18:45:20 UTC 2024

#58107: Twenty Twenty-Two: Pullquote block Letter case is not working in citation
text
---------------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  shailu25                         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                     |      Status:  new
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-screenshots 2nd-opinion => has-patch has-
     screenshots close

Comment:

 This was reported earlier in #56001, but it needs an issue and/or PR on
 GitHub.

 > Specifically addressing `text-transform`, could we not flip the value
 from `uppercase` to `inherit`?

 Only editing the value in `theme.scss` to `inherit` could change how the
 case is by default. However, I think that the block styles could inherit
 the case when the Pullquote specifies its own letter case.

 {{{
 .wp-block-pullquote {
         cite,
         footer,
         &__citation {
                 color: currentColor;
                 text-transform: uppercase;
                 font-size: 0.8125em;
                 font-style: normal;
         }

         &[style*="text-transform"] cite,
         &[style*="text-transform"] &__citation {
                 text-transform: inherit;
         }
 }

--