[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60952: Completely broken out of the box: can't edit "hello world" post, lots of errors in browser console in wp-admin

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 8 04:09:59 UTC 2024

#60952: Completely broken out of the box: can't edit "hello world" post, lots of
errors in browser console in wp-admin
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  teo8976            |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * component:  General => Editor

Old description:

> - download wordpress from the official website
> - install it
> - go to wp-admin
> - go to Posts -> "Hello World" -> edit
>
> Already there are a bunch of errors in the console: (oh come on, I can't
> paste a screenshot!?!?)
>
> - edit the text and click on the "Update" button
>
> Expected: should work
> Observed: this error shows up at the top of the page:
> "Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response."
>
> and this can be seen in the console:
> ```
> api-fetch.min.js?ver=4c185334c5ec26e149cc:2
> POST https://*******.com/wp/index.php/wp-json/wp/v2/posts/1?_locale=user
> 404 (Not Found)
> ```
>
> I didn't touch any settings, this is a fresh installation installed 10
> minutes ago.

New description:

 - download wordpress from the official website
 - install it
 - go to wp-admin
 - go to Posts -> "Hello World" -> edit

 Already there are a bunch of errors in the console: (oh come on, I can't
 paste a screenshot!?!?)

 - edit the text and click on the "Update" button

 Expected: should work
 Observed: this error shows up at the top of the page:
 "Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response."

 and this can be seen in the console:
 {{{
 api-fetch.min.js?ver=4c185334c5ec26e149cc:2
 POST https://*******.com/wp/index.php/wp-json/wp/v2/posts/1?_locale=user
 404 (Not Found)
 }}}

Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60952#comment:8>