[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible Archive" on upload

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 2 22:02:11 UTC 2024

#60398: WordPress 6.4.3 MacOS/Linux Compressed Zip plugin archives "Incompatible
Archive" on upload
 Reporter:  Endymion00                           |       Owner:
                                                 |  peterwilsoncc
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by adegans):

 Replying to [comment:115 Endymion00]:
 > "as there are no plans for 6.4.4 at this time."
 >
 > Why would you choose to leave the last 10 years of branches broken... at
 this time?

 > I struggle to rationalize the thinking behind that. I know you want to
 push people to the latest but not every site can.

 Yep, as has been the argument for most of this pointless ticket...

 And the fix not being in 6.5, or maybe it is, but nobody really knows...
 Also as expected and predicted.

 Plus, once again... WP does not get to dictate what a valid zip file is.
 Operating systems do and CMS like WP using such files just have to deal
 with it. Regardless of the pointlessness of meta files and other OS
 specific crap.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/60398#comment:118>