[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #60887: After upgrade to WordPress 6.4.3, do_shortcode no longer works in page templates

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 2 19:19:13 UTC 2024

#60887: After upgrade to WordPress 6.4.3, do_shortcode no longer works in page
templates
 Reporter:  mgonzalez007  |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Shortcodes    |    Version:  6.4.3
 Severity:  critical      |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  template      |
 I have a page template that displays a section for events using The Events
 Calendar shortcode along with some params the user enters such as category
 and number of events to display. This worked prior to the update. I have
 tried moving the do_shortcode function to a template part and then loading
 that template part into my template, but get the same outcome. The
 shortcode is displayed as plain HTML.

 {{{
 echo do_shortcode('[tribe_events_list tags="' . $tag_parameter . '"
 limit="' . $number_of_events . '"]');
 }}}

 displays on front end as [tribe_events_list tags="dining-nightlife"
 limit="2"]