[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58829: Miss alignment of "Copied!" message when clicking "Copy URL to clipboard" after uploading a media item

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Sep 29 16:40:43 UTC 2023

#58829: Miss alignment of "Copied!" message when clicking "Copy URL to clipboard"
after uploading a media item
 Reporter:  sujichandran14                       |       Owner:  joedolson
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by dkotter):

 Tested this out today and seems to work fine. I do agree though with
 @joemcgill that the selector we're changing here is fairly broad and as
 such, could impact other areas. I did look into when this code was
 introduced (#51754) and from looking at that, seems fairly safe to modify
 the CSS as it was introduced as part of the copy to clipboard
 functionality (and thus I'm assuming it's scoped to that).

 All that said, we already have some CSS that is scoped directly to the
 copy to clipboard container so feels safest to me to make changes there
 instead.

 I've attached a patch above that changes from modifying the `.edit-
 attachment` container and instead modifies the `.copy-to-clipboard-
 container` container. We add `display: flex` there, which in essence is
 the same as what the previous patch was doing (it removed the `display:
 block` property and in doing, it falls back to `display: flex`).

 I've tested on various breakpoints and on RTL and all seems fine.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58829#comment:9>