[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57785: How about displaying links to rudimentary Learn WordPress tutorials and videos on the dashboard?

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 25 10:13:20 UTC 2023

#57785: How about displaying links to rudimentary Learn WordPress tutorials and
videos on the dashboard?
 Reporter:  olein                                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request                      |      Status:  new
  design                                         |  administration

Comment (by Joen):

 One of the challenges we have with WordPress is that there is a lot of
 overhead to the UI, especially the dashboard. By adding another dashboard
 widget, we are effectively increasing the visual overhead to getting
 started, so even the presence there means there are more features, links,
 and text to parse. Have other options than a dashboard widget been
 considered? For example, adding links to the Help dropdown, or as
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58820 suggests, to the About
 dropdown?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57785#comment:20>