[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #35476: Allow posts to be filtered before return when `fields` parameter is used with `WP_Query`

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 19 21:10:24 UTC 2023

#35476: Allow posts to be filtered before return when `fields` parameter is used
with `WP_Query`
 Reporter:  tlovett1                             |       Owner:
                                                 |  adamsilverstein
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  accepted
  refresh close                                  |
Changes (by JeffPaul):

 * keywords:
     dev-feedback has-patch has-unit-tests needs-dev-note reporter-feedback
     needs-refresh
     =>
     dev-feedback has-patch has-unit-tests needs-dev-note reporter-feedback
     needs-refresh close

Comment:

 @adamsilverstein I confirmed with @felipeelia thatEP uses the
 `posts_pre_query` filter (see:
 https://github.com/10up/ElasticPress/blob/dc6a2ea675d0fd992ac8a482df718db47d3b9ac3/includes/classes/Indexable/Post/QueryIntegration.php#L64C49-L64C61
 in the `get_es_posts` method we do check for fields and that is working
 fine).  As such, we can probably close this as `wontfix`?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/35476#comment:13>