[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59375: Plugin_Upgrader assumption causes incorrect "Activate Plugin" link after plugin installation resulting in "The plugin does not have a valid header" error

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Sep 17 22:08:30 UTC 2023

#59375: Plugin_Upgrader assumption causes incorrect "Activate Plugin" link after
plugin installation resulting in "The plugin does not have a valid header"
error
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  michelleblanchette  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new

Comment (by afragen):

 Am I correct in assuming this is about nested plugins?

 The main plugin file must be at the root level of the containing folder
 and there can only be one main plugin file.

 > To avoid this issue, included plugin dependencies should be included a
 level deeper than the wrapper plugin's root. For example:

 > Wrong: hello-pro/hello/hello.php
 > Correct: hello-pro/lib/hello/hello.php

 Both of the above are incorrect.

 `wp-content/plugins/hello-pro/hello.php` is the only correct answer.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59375#comment:3>