[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59352: Inline images inserted in the block editor can erroneously get fetchpriority=high

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 14 22:01:40 UTC 2023

#59352: Inline images inserted in the block editor can erroneously get
fetchpriority=high
 Reporter:  westonruter   |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by joemcgill):

 It seems to me like the real bug here is that an inline style is being
 added to control the width of this image instead of updating the width
 attribute. This also means that WP is incorrectly creating a `sizes`
 attribute based on the width attribute, which is being overridden by the
 inline CSS.

 I'd suggest that we look into fixing the markup generated by the inline
 image component, rather than adjusting optimizations to take these inline
 styles into account as a first step.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59352#comment:1>