[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59111: A stale register_core_block_style_handles cache can cause styles not to load

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 5 14:24:10 UTC 2023

#59111: A stale register_core_block_style_handles cache can cause styles not to
load
--------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  joemcgill     |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by joemcgill):

 Hi @desmith! Thanks for the additional context. I'm wondering if the fact
 that the function is referencing the `__DIR__` constant, expecting it to
 be in the same path as the `WPINC` constant that is causing problems here?
 I'm not sure how quickly the next minor version will be released, so it
 would probably be a good idea to mitigate this problem on your platform in
 the meantime. There is a bit of a performance hit to not have those file
 paths cached, but that's a lesser problem than having missing styles, in
 my opinion.

 If you have the ability to test out the latest proposed PR and confirm
 whether this fixes the issue, I'd appreciate it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59111#comment:39>