[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59276: Wrong notice is showing up on the Privacy Policy page settings in WP dashboard.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Sep 4 13:31:04 UTC 2023

#59276: Wrong notice is showing up on the Privacy Policy page settings in WP
dashboard.
-------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  anveshika                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  new
Changes (by audrasjb):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => needs-patch 2nd-opinion
 * focuses:   => ui
 * component:  Administration => Privacy
 * version:  6.3.1 =>

Comment:

 Hello! Welcome to WordPress Core Trac and thanks for opening this ticket!

 For what it's worth I'm unsure this really is an issue as when you select
 no privacy policy page and save your settings, you technically update the
 setting, and even more if you previously used to have a selected privacy
 policy page and finally decide to not have any privacy policy page.

 Of course, we could also change a bit the message to say "Privacy policy
 page removed." but technically, the setting was just **updated** to `0`,
 so I'd say the current message is not 100% wrong :)

 Thoughts?

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59276#comment:1>