[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59738: `wp_prime_option_caches()` makes DB queries for known non-existent options (notoptions).

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 30 18:00:40 UTC 2023

#59738: `wp_prime_option_caches()` makes DB queries for known non-existent options
(notoptions).
 Reporter:  peterwilsoncc                        |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by flixos90):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-unit-tests => has-patch has-unit-tests commit
     dev-reviewed

Comment:

 Thank you @peterwilsoncc for the additional work here, and great catch on
 the additional `maybe_unserialize()` call leading to inconsistent caches.

 I agree that this is actually the most severe of the 3 problems your PR
 for this ticket addresses (I'm not counting point 3 from your list since
 it's a test fix, i.e. doesn't affect the WordPress core production code).

 @hellofromTonya I think we should commit this in its current form and
 backport to 6.4. The new point indeed increases the severity of this, and
 the other 2 more minor fixes are reasonable to backport as part of this as
 well. The risk of backporting this is extremely small, since they are
 exclusively about a new function that nobody uses as of today. All that
 these fixes do is make this function more reliable once it is out there,
 so I don't think we should be splitting these fixes out into separate
 commits or anything.

 Marking this as ready for commit, and ready for backport, to expedite that
 process. Please let me know if you have any concerns about that. If not,
 feel free to commit and backport, or I can help as needed.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59738#comment:16>