[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59621: Image block resizes image by clicking anywhere along the side (without dragging) (was: Major Image Aspect Ratio Bug)

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 28 16:47:17 UTC 2023

#59621: Image block resizes image by clicking anywhere along the side (without
dragging)
----------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  inspiredtaste         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  new
Changes (by sabernhardt):

 * keywords:   => move-to-github close
 * component:  General => Editor

Comment:

 Hi and thanks for the report!

 This belongs on the
 [https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/new/choose Gutenberg GitHub
 repository]. Would you like to open an issue there?

 While the (right) side resizable box handle was trouble for you, I am more
 concerned about the bottom click/drag area because that can cover part of
 the caption.

 The starting width (840 pixels in your case) apparently comes from the
 theme's content width. In two themes I checked, I had 620 and 655.

 I think the circle should be the only clickable area, and that should be
 larger than 23 by 23 pixels (possibly even showing arrows inside it).

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59621#comment:1>