[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59689: Function listening to AJAX actions to set `Prefers reduced motion` is affecting whole WP Admin in 6.4 RC

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 27 17:31:05 UTC 2023

#59689: Function listening to AJAX actions to set `Prefers reduced motion` is
affecting whole WP Admin in 6.4 RC
-------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  bplv                     |       Owner:  joedolson
     Type:  defect (bug)             |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by joedolson):

 Testing instructions:

 1) For easier observation, add something obvious like `console.log(
 'Caught AJAX event' );` after the `ajaxComplete` in the listener.
 2) Execute an AJAX driven action in the admin, e.g. approving or
 unapproving a comment in the Dashboard activity widget.
 3) Observe the console log printing the caught event.

 This demonstrates that the `ajaxComplete` listener is catching all ajax
 actions.

 However, I'm not sure that the provided PR solves this; `ajaxComplete`
 still executes, it just exits earlier. If you implemented the same
 instructions above, the test would still fail.

 Per my comment in the PR, I think that the check should happen as a
 condition for the listener to run.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59689#comment:16>