[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59738: `wp_load_options()` makes DB queries for known non-existent options (notoptions).

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Oct 26 15:10:02 UTC 2023

#59738: `wp_load_options()` makes DB queries for known non-existent options
(notoptions).
--------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  peterwilsoncc             |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by flixos90):

 * owner:  (none) => flixos90
 * status:  new => reviewing
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => 6.4

Comment:

 Thanks @peterwilsoncc, great catch! I just reviewed the PR and the
 solution looks great to me.

 I would be happy for this to be merged before the 6.4 release since I am
 confident about the fix. That said, it's not a ''critical'' bug so it
 could also be fixed in a 6.4.1, if there was concern about making the
 change this late in the 6.4 cycle. Will defer to other people's thoughts.

 I'll milestone at 6.4 now, but it could be punted to 6.4.1 if preferable.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59738#comment:2>