[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59633: Ensure theme files caching mechanisms are filterable and caches can be manually cleared

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 23 22:18:58 UTC 2023

#59633: Ensure theme files caching mechanisms are filterable and caches can be
manually cleared
--------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  afercia                   |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)              |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by flixos90):

 @spacedmonkey I left a comment on your PR https://github.com/WordPress
 /wordpress-develop/pull/5555, as I hadn't spotted your comments here yet.

 Not using any cache group was a deliberate decision, because we shouldn't
 use the non persistent `themes` group for this cache, as otherwise the
 caching would be useless.

 For that reason, it was intentionally decided to go without a cache group
 for now, with the goal of revising the approach in 6.5. @joemcgill also
 explained that in the commit message for [56978]. I think we should close
 this ticket and focus on a more holistic solution in 6.5.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59633#comment:29>