[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 23 22:00:36 UTC 2023

#58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database
request
 Reporter:  flixos90                             |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by peterwilsoncc):

 I can be convinced to use `wp_` prefix and follow up with deprecation and
 renaming of other functions in the next release. In which case I'd rename
 the new function for priming post parent IDs prior to release too.

 A lot of [https://wpdirectory.net/search/01HDF8F5GPN0MRSB826BC11E0J
 plugins are using the existing priming functions], the biggest being Yoast
 SEO and WooCommerce with 5M+ installs each.

 As the purpose of the new functions is to prime caches, I think we need
 those keywords to be included as part of the effort to encourage plugins
 to prime caches.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58962#comment:34>