[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59691: WordPress doesn't sanitize character ʼ (unicode U+02BC) when converting post title to slug

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 20 09:36:32 UTC 2023

#59691: WordPress doesn't sanitize character ʼ (unicode U+02BC) when converting
post title to slug
 Reporter:  ivanzhuck     |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by ashikur698):

 Tried to recreate the same issue. The results are attached here
 SC 1 - https://prnt.sc/Qc-iAbv4uiOA
 SC 2 - https://prnt.sc/I64NUhsf-zO1

 In SC 1, I copied the exact title and it seems like I successfully
 recreated the issue.

 However, I tried to use the same character to recreate the issue like in
 SC 2. But it seems WordPress sanitizes the character just fine.

 Maybe there's something going on with that exact text "Phʼnglui mglwʼnafh
 Cthulhu Rʼlyeh wgahʼnagl fhtagn".

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59691#comment:2>