[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 18 00:15:58 UTC 2023

#58962: Provide a way to load multiple specific options with a single database
request
 Reporter:  flixos90                             |       Owner:  flixos90
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  closed

Comment (by flixos90):

 Thanks @peterwilsoncc. While I don't think we should use an underscore
 prefix for this function (since it's clearly not for core's private use),
 I would be open about renaming prime_options() to prime_option_caches().
 On the one hand, I find the first name easier to remember, and the notion
 of caching in the name may make it more complicated to understand, as this
 function would be encouraged even for developers that may not be very
 familiar with caching - as it's about options more than it is about
 caching. On the other hand, the latter name would be more precise.

 I would like to get other people's thoughts on the potential renaming.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58962#comment:15>