[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #57394: wp_insert_user allows the new user to have a username equal to an already registered email

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 16 20:19:05 UTC 2023

#57394: wp_insert_user allows the new user to have a username equal to an already
registered email
 Reporter:  buutqn                               |       Owner:  audrasjb
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-unit-tests needs-testing commit => has-patch
     has-unit-tests needs-testing changes-requested
 * milestone:  6.4 => 6.5

Comment:

 In reviewing [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/5032 the
 patch] and this ticket's history, it's not clear to me that the patch
 addresses the [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/pull/4257#discussion_r1144203722 additional concerns shared here],
 concerns that lead to the original patch being reverted (i.e. reported in
 #57967).

 Given that tomorrow is RC1, I think this ticket needs more time and
 consideration to ensure it handles the different scenarios. Moving it to
 6.5. However, if there is confirmation that yes indeed all scenarios are
 resolved before RC1, then please move it back into 6.4.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/57394#comment:50>