[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59620: Remove a query to /wp-json/wp/v2/users from the editor where there isn't a real need

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 13 19:24:16 UTC 2023

#59620: Remove a query to /wp-json/wp/v2/users from the editor where there isn't a
real need
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  oglekler     |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new

Comment (by oglekler):

 How often you are changing post author? In case in question we don't need
 it at all, editors are not the authors, and we have separate custom post
 type with authors which have no access to the site. So, why we need to do
 this useless requests? I want to shut them down completely. I believe that
 the request should be done only when editor is trying to change author and
 started to type something. This is a rare case. From the sustainability
 point of view, this request is a useless waste of energy, especially if
 these queries to the database are returning some bulky lists of users that
 most likely have nothing to do with the post content.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59620#comment:3>