[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59620: Remove a query to /wp-json/wp/v2/users from the editor where there is a real need

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 13 17:02:23 UTC 2023

#59620: Remove a query to /wp-json/wp/v2/users from the editor where there is a
real need
 Reporter:  oglekler     |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor       |    Version:
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  rest-api     |
 I've unset `/wp/v2/users` and `/wp/v2/users/(?P<id>[\d]+)` endpoints to
 remove access to the users list and make it harder for bots that are
 trying the login form (This one is custom as well, so they are actually
 not doing it, but this is not the point), and I've got an 404 error in the
 Editor in admin, but everything is working, and apart from the annoying
 red circle with number 1 inside in the Dev Tools, I didn't get any side
 effects. So, if this is not necessary, why do we have this request to the
 back in the first place? I am proposing to remove it by default and do it
 only when necessary.

 I want to emphasize that everything is working, and apart from this
 annoying error, everything is fine and several months went by without any
 complaints from editors.