[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59249: shortcode_parse_atts() result for no attributes does not match the documentation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 13 11:57:07 UTC 2023

#59249: shortcode_parse_atts() result for no attributes does not match the
documentation
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov                       |       Owner:
                                                 |  nicolefurlan
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by bedas):

 The patch here still does not grant consistent output and adds an
 additional unnecessary `if` check when we can just do this:
 https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59613
 https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/5480

 There is no reason why we should return a ''string'' in any case. It
 disrupts dependant code, which then needs to "juggle" whether or not it
 receives expected input.
 Please see the link ticket which has been marked as duplicate.

 The patch committed here would nor resolve the issues this problem causes
 in dependant code.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59249#comment:11>