[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #53465: PHP 8.1.: the default value of the flags parameter for htmlentities() et all needs to be explicitly set

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 9 22:57:22 UTC 2023

#53465: PHP 8.1.: the default value of the flags parameter for htmlentities() et
all needs to be explicitly set
 Reporter:  jrf                      |       Owner:  hellofromTonya
     Type:  task (blessed)           |      Status:  assigned
  unit-tests                         |  compatibility

Comment (by hellofromTonya):

 Hey @SergeyBiryukov and @jrf, following up on the patch for this ticket as
 6.4 RC1 is next week.

 Is https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/3429 ready for
 review and commit consideration? It's still marked as WIP and there are
 merge conflicts. I haven't yet gone through the code. But am I also
 curious if each instance has a test associated with it:

 >It is strongly recommended to make sure that for each of these at least
 one unit test exists which exposes the difference in output between PHP <
 8.1 and PHP 8.1 to safeguard the fixes which will be added for the future.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/53465#comment:22>