[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #47510: Developer tool - Best Practice - input comment field Does not use passive listeners

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat Oct 7 11:44:12 UTC 2023

#47510: Developer tool - Best Practice - input comment field Does not use passive
listeners
------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  efilippucci             |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  closed
  refresh                           |

Comment (by alekv):

 What about adding `{ passive: false }` to suppress the warnings?
 `event.preventDefault()` will keep working.

 I have an element that get's rerendered every second, which causes
 warnings to pile up. I'd like to remove those warnings.

 On the other hand, if no warnings pop up anymore, this trac ticket will be
 forgotten.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/47510#comment:43>