[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58783: Alternative text entered whilst uploading an image is lost when the image finished uploading

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 6 19:39:49 UTC 2023

#58783: Alternative text entered whilst uploading an image is lost when the image
finished uploading
-------------------------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  codepo8                        |       Owner:  joedolson
     Type:  defect (bug)                   |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by oglekler):

 I was unable to fill in anything while the file was downloading, I have
 all fields stubbornly disabled. We need steps to reproduce the issue. But
 I can agree it would be great to be able to fill in the whole additional
 information while the file is still in progress and not waiting, so it
 might be worth considering.

 But I noticed another thing, that can be addressed in the another ticket:
 when you are uploading something and want to switch view, the page reloads
 without any warning that that progress of upload progress will be lost. I
 would suggest that while the file is in progress,  it would be worth
 adding an event listener to all links on the page and asking the user to
 confirm the page reload.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58783#comment:12>