[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59556: WordPress Multisite issue - Media files presenting on Google with wrong domain

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 6 07:32:22 UTC 2023

#59556: WordPress Multisite issue - Media files presenting on Google with wrong
domain
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  nutsonshells        |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)        |     Status:  new
Component:  Networks and Sites  |    Version:  6.3.1
 Severity:  normal              |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  multisite           |
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Hi WordPress Team,

 I have a WordPress Multisite set up with 6 sites. Each site has its own
 domain name.

 I discovered on a google search, that an uploaded media file is
 incorrectly referenced and basically "shared" between domains.

 I have google showing a link to a file on site #17, but it is referencing
 the wrong domain  name Cygnia Cove, which is site #20.

 Google shows:
 https://cygniacove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/sites/17/Vivente-Sales-
 Brochure-LR.pdf

 But it should be showing: