[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58611: wp_get_missing_image_subsizes can return incorrect subsizes for a rotated image

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Oct 4 15:53:37 UTC 2023

#58611: wp_get_missing_image_subsizes can return incorrect subsizes for a rotated
image
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  ianmjones     |       Owner:  antpb
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  assigned
Changes (by antpb):

 * milestone:  6.4 => 6.5

Comment:

 with this needing a rework on the solution to account for the suggestion
 @ianmjones made we should move to 6.5

 From @ianmjones : "To properly determine whether the original image can be
 used to generate missing thumbnail sizes, we probably need to grab its
 width vs. height ratio and compare with the full size image's ration. If
 they're the same, then yay, we can use the original and maybe pick up a
 couple extra sizes, but otherwise, stick with the full size image."

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58611#comment:13>