[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59249: shortcode_parse_atts() result for no attributes does not match the documentation

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Oct 2 18:43:06 UTC 2023

#59249: shortcode_parse_atts() result for no attributes does not match the
documentation
-----------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  SergeyBiryukov         |       Owner:  nicolefurlan
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by nicolefurlan):

 == Testing Instructions
 To test this change, we should verify that shortcodes continue to generate
 the appropriate markup on the frontend both with and without attributes.

 === Steps to Test
 1. Create a post or page and add shortcodes with and without attributes.
 WordPress has several built-in shortcodes that we can use for testing:
 https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/shortcodes/#built-in-shortcodes

 e.g.

 {{{
 [caption id="id" caption_id="caption_id" align="aligncenter" width="300"
 caption="caption text" class="class"]Caption with attributes[/caption]
 [caption]Caption without attributes[/caption]
 }}}

 === Expected Results
 - Shortcodes should continue to generate the appropriate markup on the
 frontend both with and without attributes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59249#comment:5>