[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59969: Conditional loading `build_template_part_block_variations` for performance improvement

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Nov 30 14:05:02 UTC 2023

#59969: Conditional loading `build_template_part_block_variations` for performance
improvement
 Reporter:  thekt12                              |       Owner:  thekt12
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by spacedmonkey):

 Basically in my [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/pull/4857
 PR], I use magic getter, to only load block variations, when the property
 on the class is needed. This property is only need in the admin context
 and not on the front end. Loading block variations in the context of
 template parts, results in a very expensive load WP_Query that results in
 many database calls.

 I went with magic getter, this is bad pattern in PHP development, but it
 is the most backwards compatible way of making this change.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59969#comment:7>