[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59827: wp_save_post_revision() assumes ALL post meta is text! Fatal error in PHP 8.2.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 22 14:48:35 UTC 2023

#59827: wp_save_post_revision() assumes ALL post meta is text! Fatal error in PHP
8.2.
 Reporter:  jsmoriss                             |       Owner:
                                                 |  adamsilverstein
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  assigned
  unit-tests                                     |  compatibility

Comment (by jsmoriss):

 Replying to [comment:29 adamsilverstein]:
 > > maybe we could add a 'pre_wp_save_post_revision_post_has_changed'
 filter to allow plugin authors to do their own comparison logic?

 > What is the use case?

 The idea was to have an option to bypass the WordPress comparison checks.
 The existing filter is done after WordPress has already done its
 comparison. Its not a big deal - I'm just hoping the comparison gets fixed
 soon so I can release the meta revisions feature for my plugins.

 js.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59827#comment:30>