[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #43162: Deleting a site from a multisite network leaves orphaned database tables and files

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 22 05:28:05 UTC 2023

#43162: Deleting a site from a multisite network leaves orphaned database tables
and files
-----------------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  bluep92877                   |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by janthiel):

 Hey there, just came along this ticket by chance.

 I would like to add one suggestion for the sake of current work on the
 sqlite front: https://make.wordpress.org/core/2022/09/12/lets-make-
 wordpress-officially-support-sqlite/

 Although I am not affiliated with the sqlite work or Plugin in any way
 ;-).

 Could you please make the table selection query filterable? There is no
 information_scheme table in sqlite. So the hard coded MySQL based query
 would break WP on any db where the information_scheme table does not exist
 for whatever reasons.

 Luckily easy to fix with a filter.

 Unrelated to that: Thank you very much for picking up this issue and
 providing a solution. Highly appreciated!

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/43162#comment:31>