[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59687: get_test_available_updates_disk_space() does not handle an $available_space of NULL correctly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Nov 13 16:36:48 UTC 2023

#59687: get_test_available_updates_disk_space() does not handle an $available_space
of NULL correctly
---------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  Larry.Daniele  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  closed
Changes (by Larry.Daniele):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => invalid

Comment:

 Here another response from WP Engine when I said this problem still exists
 on their servers:

    I wanted to reach out to provide some clarity regarding a recent
 notification you are seeing in the WordPress dashboard under Tools > Site
 Health, stating: "Available disk space is critically low, less than 20 MB
 available."

    I wanted to let you know that this is a known issue resulting from a
 specific configuration on our platform. This configuration limits
 WordPress's ability to accurately display disk space information for our
 server and account type.

    WP Engine will be working on a resolution. However, we do not have a
 definitive timeframe for when it will be resolved. Importantly, we can
 assure you that this error message does not negatively impact your
 website's performance, security, or functionality.

    We apologize for any confusion or concern this may be causing and
 appreciate your understanding.

 Given the above reply, it seems like WP Engine customers will just have to
 live with this until they fix it. And this is not a WordPress issue, so
 I'm marking it as "Resolve: Invalid".

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59687#comment:5>