[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59847: Since WordPress 6.4, the functions.php of a theme moved to a different location using register_theme_directory is no longer called

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 8 21:47:19 UTC 2023

#59847: Since WordPress 6.4, the functions.php of a theme moved to a different
location using register_theme_directory is no longer called
-----------------------------+------------------------------------
 Reporter:  partyfrikadelle  |       Owner:  joemcgill
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by partyfrikadelle):

 By adding calls to get_stylesheet_directory() and get_template_directory()
 before the register_Theme_directory i was able to reproduce the error.

 Just install the second Version of the Plugin and activate it. Then
 activate the new "Simple Test Theme". Under WordPress 6.3 it works fine
 and fails with WordPress 6.4.

 I imagine the get_stylesheet_directory/get_template_directory-Calls are
 done by prioritzed Plugins in my setup.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59847#comment:7>