[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59850: Changing front-end site language changes some admin menu links into that language

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 8 20:13:56 UTC 2023

#59850: Changing front-end site language changes some admin menu links into that
language
 Reporter:  pierorocca    |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  I18N          |    Version:  6.4
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                |
 Perhaps this is related to #49971, which I find fascinating that a
 platform of 20+ years hasn't quite sorted out language use case support.

 On my us-EN site, with my admin profile set to English interface, if I set
 the site language to Italian for example, a collection of seemingly random
 menu links change from English into Italian. All the content is still in
 English however.

 Make this make sense to me.

 There are more menus that shown in the screen capture that are a mix of
 English and Italian link.

 [[Image(https://d.pr/i/zKSVqr)]]