[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24142: Zero value for posts_per_page value in wp_query custom instance and for 'Blog pages show at most' option

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 8 16:41:38 UTC 2023

#24142: Zero value for posts_per_page value in wp_query custom instance and for
'Blog pages show at most' option
 Reporter:  alexvorn2                            |       Owner:
                                                 |  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by joemcgill):

 * keywords:  needs-testing early needs-testing-info has-patch dev-feedback
     => needs-testing early has-patch dev-feedback
 * focuses:  performance =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:29 alexvorn2]:
 > Replying to [comment:28 oglekler]:
 > > Because this is an early ticket, I am moving it into the 6.5
 milestone. If there will not be progress, next time it should be
 rescheduled to the Future release.

 > what do you mean "early ticket"?
 > This ticket is from 10 years ago.

 Tickets are marked "early" if they need to land early in a release cycle
 to have longer time for testing. For it to land in 6.5, the latest patch
 from @Howdy_McGee needs testing and someone to review the approach from a
 technical point of view to ensure it doesn't introduce other side-effects.
 @audrasjb are you interested in picking this back up for this cycle?

 My suggestion to future bug gardeners is that if this doesn't make the 6.5
 cutoff and no further progress is made, that this be set as `Future
 Release`.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24142#comment:31>