[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59827: wp_save_post_revision() assumes ALL post meta is text! Fatal error in PHP 8.2.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 7 17:44:05 UTC 2023

#59827: wp_save_post_revision() assumes ALL post meta is text! Fatal error in PHP
8.2.
--------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  jsmoriss      |       Owner:  (none)

Comment (by jsmoriss):

 Replying to [comment:3 jorbin]:
 > If this is an issue in 6.3, then it's also not related to the new meta
 revisions.

 The new meta revisions will highlight the issue, which still exists in WP
 6.4. Right now I'm guessing that plugin authors are not using
 revisions_enabled => true, but this
 https://make.wordpress.org/core/2023/10/24/framework-for-storing-
 revisions-of-post-meta-in-6-4/ is meant to change that. If plugin authors
 can only register text strings for revisions, then we need to know.

 js.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59827#comment:5>