[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59822: Twenty Twenty-Four: Updating Text colour in group blocks isn't working for Heading block with WP 6.4 and TT4 theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 7 10:53:40 UTC 2023

#59822: Twenty Twenty-Four: Updating Text colour in group blocks isn't working for
Heading block with WP 6.4 and TT4 theme
------------------------------+--------------------------------
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  closed
Changes (by hellofromTonya):

 * keywords:  has-testing-info needs-patch => has-testing-info
 * status:  new => closed
 * version:  trunk =>
 * resolution:   => reported-upstream
 * milestone:  6.4.1 =>

Comment:

 Aha thank you @luminuu @onemaggie @wildworks. This is not a TT4 issue.
 That makes good sense. As I noted in comment:4, TT4 is setting the heading
 color style, whereas TT2 and TT3 are not. Didn't occur to me the issue is
 upstream :facepalm:

 TIL - thanks @wildworks for [comment:6 sharing these insights]:
 > In WP6.4, it is now possible to target headings inside some blocks. You
 should be able to override the color by applying the text color from the
 Group block's Heading panel.

 > Related Gutenberg PR: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/49131

 As @onemaggie pointed out, there's already an issue opened for this
 https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/51671.

 I'll close this ticket as `reported-upstream` where the discussion and
 resolution can continue there.

 @rajinsharwar might be helpful if you could share your findings in
 [https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/issues/51671 the GB issue].

--