[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59822: Twenty Twenty-Four: Updating Text colour in group blocks isn't working for Heading block with WP 6.4 and TT4 theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 7 04:51:01 UTC 2023

#59822: Twenty Twenty-Four: Updating Text colour in group blocks isn't working for
Heading block with WP 6.4 and TT4 theme
------------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by wildworks):

 I would like to emphasize that this issue is not the first to occur in
 WP6.4. For example, if you enable TT2 in WP6.2 and apply any color to
 `styles.elements.heading.color.text` in theme.json, you should be able to
 reproduce the same problem.

 Personally, I think the behavior that the style of the child (Heading
 block) takes precedence over the style of the parent (Group block) seems
 correct from the perspective of the CSS specification.

 In WP6.4, it is now possible to target headings inside some blocks. You
 should be able to override the color by applying the text color from the
 Group block's Heading panel.

 Related Gutenberg PR: https://github.com/WordPress/gutenberg/pull/49131

 @poena may be more knowledgeable on this point.

--