[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59822: Updating Text colour in group blocks isn't working for Heading block with WP 6.4 and TT4 theme

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Nov 7 02:22:48 UTC 2023

#59822: Updating Text colour in group blocks isn't working for Heading block with
WP 6.4 and TT4 theme
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  rajinsharwar   |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |     Status:  new
Component:  Bundled Theme  |    Version:  trunk
 Severity:  normal         |   Keywords:
  Focuses:                 |
---------------------------+-----------------------------
 Updating Text color in group blocks isn't working for the Heading block
 with WP 6.4 and TT4 theme. I tested out the thing in WP 6.3.2, and TT3
 theme, and the issue was not happening there. Please see the video below
 for the details:
 https://somup.com/c0XinFg6on

 Steps:
 1. Try to add the Heading Block.
 2. Wrap it in a group.
 3. In the Settings of that Group, change the background color.
 4. Now, change the text color as well. You will see that though the BG
 color got updated, the Text color of that heading did not.

 After further checking, found that this is something happening with the
 TT4 theme only. so, the issue doesn't happen even though I got WP 6.4 and
 TT3. It only happens when the theme is TT4.