[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #59669: Block: Give `traverse_and_serialize_block(s)`' post-callback access to block instance

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Nov 1 08:15:06 UTC 2023

#59669: Block: Give `traverse_and_serialize_block(s)`' post-callback access to
block instance
 Reporter:  Bernhard Reiter                      |       Owner:  Bernhard
                                                 |  Reiter
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by Bernhard Reiter):

 * keywords:  has-patch has-unit-tests => has-patch has-unit-tests dev-
     feedback
 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>
 * milestone:  6.5 => 6.4

Comment:

 Re-opening for potential inclusion in 6.4. Requesting another committer's
 feedback/approval :)

 I forgot to backport this to the 6.4 branch after committing to `trunk`.
 It might not be a "huge" bug (doesn't seem to affect Block Hooks in Core),
 but it might pose problems for third parties that want to use
 `traverse_and_serialize_block(s)` with a `$post_callback` that modifies
 the current block (as that won't work, without the fix). One use case
 could be the Gutenberg plugin, if we want to e.g. implement something like
 #59646 there first.

 FWIW, `traverse_and_serialize_block(s)` was only introduced during the 6.4
 cycle, so I believe the fix qualifies for backporting during RC.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/59669#comment:5>