[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58407: resetpassword action on users.php (users list page) handles retrieve_password() return incorrectly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu May 25 13:41:35 UTC 2023

#58407: resetpassword action on users.php (users list page) handles
retrieve_password() return incorrectly
----------------------------+---------------------------------
 Reporter:  letraceursnork  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new

Comment (by letraceursnork):

 Replying to [comment:1 petitphp]:
 > Hello @letraceursnork and welcome back to trac.
 >
 > If I understand correctly, you are talking about this condition in
 [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-develop/blob/trunk/src/wp-
 admin/users.php#L253-L255 wp-admin/users.php] when bulk resetting users
 passwords.

 > The condition should be changed to check if the return of
 `retrieve_password` is equal to `true`.

 Yeah, pretty much that, with one small addition: it also should handle the
 WP_Error somehow if one appears

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58407#comment:2>