[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #55270: Option can_compress_scripts not autoload causing extra DB query on every request

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 23 16:07:18 UTC 2023

#55270: Option can_compress_scripts not autoload causing extra DB query on every
request
---------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  RavanH         |       Owner:  spacedmonkey
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by flixos90):

 @azaozz I see your point, it seems pointless to autoload an option which
 will be removed soon. However, I also agree with @spacedmonkey that it is
 worth doing so to improve performance for the time being. If we get to a
 solution for #58302 that is committed in time for 6.3, then this change
 will naturally become pointless. But if the other ticket is more
 complicated than we think and ends up delayed, then it's reasonable to
 improve performance here.

 In other words, I think this is worth moving forward regardless of #58302
 - when the latter is implemented, it'll remove these parts of the code
 anyway.

 That said, @spacedmonkey it would be great if you could share some
 performance benchmark to see what impact this has.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/55270#comment:12>