[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58366: Shortcode Support Regained but Content Filters are messing with Shortcode HTML

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon May 22 21:17:50 UTC 2023

#58366: Shortcode Support Regained but Content Filters are messing with Shortcode
HTML
 Reporter:  domainsupport                        |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)                         |      Status:  new

Comment (by andreasjr):

 Here is a more detailed finding of the problem me and my team are facing.

 Some context: We are specifically experiencing problems with the Gravity
 Forms block. The GF block looks like it’s a wrapper for a shortcode.
 Obviously this is not WP team’s responsibility to fix, and ultimately GF
 will need to fix this, but it should be noted this block worked fine
 before the 6.2.x updates.

 In a page:
 - GF block works
 - Shortcode works

 Reusable block on a page:
 - GF block works
 - Shortcode works

 In a template (e.g. page.html):
 - GF block does not work
 - Shortcode works

 Reusable block in a template (e.g. page.html):
 - GF block does not work
 - Shortcode does not work

 Template part in a template (e.g. part.html in page.html):
 - GF block does not work
 - Shortcode works

 Reusable block in a template part in a template (e.g. part.html in
 page.html):
 - GF block does not work
 - Shortcode does not work

 Additionally, when the shortcode does work, as others have mentioned there
 are extra <br> and <p> tags added.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/58366#comment:30>