[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #49971: Add get_admin_locale() that is separate from WPLANG / get_locale() / get_user_locale()

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue May 16 08:23:14 UTC 2023

#49971: Add get_admin_locale() that is separate from WPLANG / get_locale() /
get_user_locale()
 Reporter:  apedog       |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature      |      Status:  new
  request                |

Comment (by Marc4):

 I see some favorable opinions about separating the back-end and front-end
 strings with the ultimate goal of being able to have different languages
 in back-end and front-end, both from core and accessibility, but it seems
 that we are stuck in a merged ticket from three years ago.

 What would have to be done, or what teams would have to communicate in
 order to do this? Do we agree to make this effort?

 Replying to [comment:6 audrasjb]:
 > In my opinion, we need a new "Site language" setting, separated from
 "Admin default language".

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/49971#comment:8>