[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #58303: Found Escaping Issue While Echoing Attribute Dynamic Value in HTML Attribute.

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sat May 13 10:40:29 UTC 2023

#58303: Found Escaping Issue While Echoing Attribute Dynamic Value in HTML
Attribute.
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  mahamudur78       |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)      |     Status:  new
Component:  Administration    |    Version:
 Severity:  normal            |   Keywords:
  Focuses:  coding-standards  |
 While examining the [https://github.com/WordPress/wordpress-
 develop/blob/trunk/src/wp-admin/includes/dashboard.php#L269 \wp-
 admin\includes\dashboard.php] file in WordPress, I discovered an escaping
 issue when echoing a dynamic value of an attribute (such as "class") in an
 HTML attribute. Specifically, the issue is located on line 269 of that
 file. Based on my observation, I believe that the dynamic value should be
 properly escaped to prevent potential syntax errors or security
 vulnerabilities.